Why Should I Test?
Passing a test unlocks additional classes (listed below). Failing a test reveals strengths and weaknesses, so you’ll know what you need to work on. Also, it’s FUN!
Unlock the following classes by passing the Level 3 advancement test:
- Intermediate Parkour
How to Test
Open your ZenPlanner app and register for the test the same way you would for normal classes. Then just show up as you normally would for a class.
The Level 3 advancement test is being administered on the following dates:
- Saturday, January 20th at 3pm
- Tuesday, May 14th at 6pm
- Monday, September 16th at 4:30pm
Each skill is scored from 0 to 10 points. In order to advance, students must accumulate a minimum of 144 points out of 180 total points, this equates to an average score of 8 or better on each skill. Any skill scored 0-2 will be an immediate failure, so be sure you review each skill and ask a coach if you have any questions.
Dead Stop Pushups
- Perform five dead-stop push ups with proper form.
- Keep your body straight, bring your chest to the ground and lift your hands, and keep your elbows in toward your body.
Assisted MUscle Ups
- Perform 5 assisted muscle ups on the blue bar on the sonic wall
- Keep your elbows in (no chicken winging)
- Perform 10 squat tuck jumps
- No pause between jumps
- Must tuck in the air and land with a slap-out landing each time
- Wall run to a half cat
- Use a level 2 or better top out to stand up on top of the 6’ box
- Perform a gymnastics-style cartwheel
- Begin facing forward, end facing backward
- Hands must be pointed inward toward each other, legs should remain straight
- Start in a handstand against a wall facing either direction
- Perform a 180° turn to end facing the opposite direction against the wall
Perform a dive roll over the wedge mat
PK Shoulder ROll
Perform a drop to PK shoulder roll from a 3′ obstacle to the ground
- Perform a proper tap swing on a bar
- Hollow in the back, straight at the bottom, and “tapping” through to a hollow in the front
Perform a basic underbar through the green 2 hole without your feet touching the wall
Perform in order a step vault, lazy vault, and kong up on the quad boxes.
Single Obstacle Flow
Perform in order on a single obstacle the step and lazy dances:
- step vault
- reverse step vault
- lazy vault
- reverse lazy vault
No more than two steps allowed between each movement. Smoothness is key!
Multiple Obstacle flow
- Perform any 5 movements of your choice utilizing 3 obstacles
- You must perform at least 1 movement on each of the three obstacles (you can do more than one movement on an obstacle)
- You will be allowed two practice runs before being judged
- Smoothness is key!
The video demonstration is only a guide, and not the exact movements or obstacle setup you must perform
Perform strides on 3 precision trainers spaced 4′ apart
- Use a single foot takeoff on a tire placed 6’ (measured to the middle of the tire) to a cat grab on the 7’ box
- Both feet must hit the wall at hip height
From a cat grab on the green hold, dyno to touch the red hold with a good landing on the ground
Perform 2 precisions with full control using 3 separate precision trainers spaced 4’ apart
On a sideways 4’ trapezoid, demonstrate a wall spin with hands in the middle of the trapezoid